Welcome To Your Home Away From Home...
Check In & Out Times:
Check in time is 4pm & check out time is 11am
Early check in or late check out may be available on request outside of holiday season. We do try our best to accommodate, but please understand if we are not able to.
How to Check In & Out
You check in and out at our office. We like to meet our guests, plus we often have treats and hot drinks waiting for you! Our office, Bear Valley Real Estate & Vacation Rentals is located in the village commercial center. When you enter town, go straight through the 4 way stop sign. You will see condos on your right, followed by the Bear Valley Lodge entrance. Go past the lodge entrance and turn right. You will see a covered entrance and one hour parking. Park and enter the building through the covered entrance. Turn right, and come down the hallway about 20 steps. Our door is next to the History Museum and our office is upstairs. If you arrive after we have closed for the day, your check in packet can be found either in the wooden box on the wall to the right of our door or in a wooden crate on the floor. Look for the packet with your name on it. You will find a booklet with a map to your unit, plus keys with a small flashlight attached. If you have rented one of our Bear Valley snowbound homes and have a designated take in time by snow machine look for instructions in your packet on how to contact your driver.
For check out, please return your keys and packet to our office. We would like to hear about any issues or comments with your stay.
While roads to our office in the commercial center, restaurants, shuttles and condos are accessible by car year round, in winter residential roads in Bear Valley become snow bound! Residents and guests get around by walking, snowshoeing, skiing or snowmobiling. Snowmobile rentals are available from Bear Valley Snowmobile.
Guests to houses in Bear Valley can utilize the Bear Valley Vacation Rentals snowmobile take in and take out program so you don’t need to worry about getting luggage and groceries across the snow! Check out our snowmobile transportation page for more info!
Guests to houses in Skyhigh Ranch need a high clearance 4×4 or AWD to access the property in winter, but you can drive right up to the home.
What if something goes wrong!
Things break. Usually unexpectedly and at the worst moment unfortunately! You won’t be left cold and alone if the heater implodes.
If you have a medical emergency call 911.
Otherwise call our office on
209 753 2334.
Bear Valley Vacation Rentals is open from 10am to 4pm Monday through Saturday, but the phone is answered
24 hours a day!
What can I expect in my unit?
All our units have a fully equipped kitchen with everything you need to make and serve a standard home cooked meal. In the more rustic condos, you can expect a different quality of equipment than in the higher end units, but all equipment will be in a clean, safe and usable condition. (Please let us know if you find anything that needs replacing!).
- You will have a coffee maker in each unit. This may be a pot, Kuerig, or french press.
- Microwave and toaster.
- Each unit is stocked with plates, bowls, cups, glasses, cutlery, pots, pans and beyond.
- TV and DVD player **Although each unit has these, not all of them are large or new. Some are very basic! Additionally weather can interrupt signal and WiFi. Please let us know in advance if this is something important to you and we can make sure you are in a suitable unit.
- In addition to the sheet bundles we provide to you, you will also have a plentiful supply of pillows, comforters and blankets.
- There is heating in all the units, but the type varies. Please check to make sure if you need to bring firewood along.
- Kitchen supplies: paper towels, sponge, dish soap, dishwasher soap, trash bags, and coffee filters.
- Bathroom supplies: luxurious shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, lotion and soap are provided.
(Additional supplies are available in our office if you run out.)
In summer, the weather in Bear Valley is as close to perfect as you can imagine. Late afternoon thunderstorms can roll through unexpectedly, but that is usually the extent of the worry.
In winter however, things are different. Our area holds snowfall records and close to 500 inches of snow have fallen the last few seasons. It is hard to imagine the scale of it until you arrive, so these are important to note.
- We make sure that each home and condo has a safe entrance to the door. However some windows will get covered, either by increasing snow levels or by shedding.
- Shedding is when the snow slides or falls off a roof. This can be sudden, dramatic and noisy at times and it is crucial to keep an eye on roof lines and to never play, sit or loiter under a roofline or overhang in winter.
- Creaking and cracking! In the heaviest snowfall years, houses can start to flex a little. This can lead to surface cracks or creaking. If you are concerned please do let us know, but this is rarely a problem.
- Travel insurance! Bear Valley Vacation Rentals are unable to refund or change a confirmed booking due to weather concerns. Trip insurance will cover highway closures etc so consider protecting your investment!
What do I need to bring?
- A sense of adventure!
- Groceries and any supplies over and above the basics we provide. The last stop for a full grocery store will be in Arnold.
- A shovel and chains in winter (they are required!)
(In winter, we also advise carrying blankets and emergency supplies.)
- Firewood if applicable (you can tell from your listing)
- Bring along any sleds, snowshoes, kayaks, bikes etc. SNAC in Arnold is a great place to get outfitted, or rentals are available at Bear Valley Adventure Company
- Remember to pack medications, sunscreens, and pet food if you are bringing your dog to a dog friendly unit.
- LAYERS! At least one waterproof layer in both seasons. Storms roll in quick and you can go from t shirts to thermals in minutes. Make sure you have what you need to stay dry and comfortable!
- Bring your friends! Bring your kid’s friends! Bring new people to share memories of a lifetime.
Park according to posted signage. Call the Parking Snow Phone for updated information: 209.753.6155. During the holidays (Sunday, December 21 through Sunday, January 4) "move days" aren’t typically enforced. That said, if a large storm sweeps through, call the above snow phone for updated information and do your best to move your vehicle for snow removal equipment.